Interested In This Yacht?
To Learn More Contact
UYS New Jersey
The brief for MITseaAH was to create a singular performance machine, embodied in a unique architectural and visual experience. The resulting vessel, constructed by Pendennis Shipyard Ltd, has pushed the boundaries of super yacht design, engineering and seagoing capability. Five ensuite staterooms accommodate the Owner's party aft; a high-spec crew apartment for eight professionals lies forward, and the saloon has four architecturally distinct leisure areas. NOT FOR SALE TO U.S. RESIDENTS WHILE IN U.S. WATERS.
United Yacht Sales New Jersey would love to guide you through a personal showing of this 156' Pendennis High Performance Motorsailer 2004. This yacht for sale is located in Fort Lauderdale, Florida and priced at $9,975,000. For a showing please contact us by filling out the form on this page and we will get back to you shortly!
High Performance Motorsailer
Twin MAN Paxman
Total Power: 3500Cruising Speed: 19Max Speed: 25
Fuel: 14266Fresh Water: 3170
The concept for SY MITseaAH was to create a singular performance machine, embodied in a unique architectural and visual experience. The resulting vessel, constructed by Pendennis Shipyard Ltd, has pushed the boundaries of super yacht design, engineering and seagoing capability. The underlying performance requirement was of a dual nature: high speed motoring (25knots sprint at half-load), or alternately, performance sailing. The lifestyle brief was to deliver "uncompromised" super yacht accommodation, an effective crew service plan, and unique style. Operation of the ship was to be practical, flexible, and above all, safe. Above water, designers Liebowitz & Pritchard aimed to draw a boat with an "identity" appropriate for its type. Precedents were obviously limited. While the profile is streamlined, this muscular design looks to the past in many ways, e.g. ship-like flared bow, protective bulwarks, modified counter stern, "Trumpy" cabin windows, range of deck spaces and purposeful expression of architectural detail. The complex deck plan is unique, with 2 tenders and dining lounges both fore and aft. The hull form, developed by Pedrick Yacht Designs, resembles a high-performance sailing dinghy, scaled-up to 268 tons lightship. The dual mission of fast motoring and efficient sailing called for an innovative approach to appendage design and the propulsion system. To minimize ballast, a deep bulb keel extends to a 7.4m draft while sailing but swings up centerboard-style to just 2.5m for powering and harbor access, with the bulb housed entirely within the hull. When the keel is lowered for sailing, water ballast is added aft for trim balance. Twin dagger rudders extend and retract similarly for the respective sailing and motoring modes. Cruising speeds in excess of 20 knots under power have been achieved from the yacht's clean-lined underbody, moderately light displacement and twin diesels totaling 7000 bhp. Controllable pitch propellers can be set optimally for motoring or feather fully for sailing. Large, flush-fitted planing flaps control trim and improve efficiency under power. The flaps, port and starboard, can be driven independently for roll stabilization. When motorsailing or operating under a single engine with the second feathered, cruising range increases to comfortably in excess of 3000 nm. Complementing the dinghy-like sailing underbody is an innovative; telescoping, fractional rig, which maximizes sail area while meeting a required air draft of only 38.7m (127') for New York's Brooklyn Bridge. The headstay and shrouds are fixed at this height while an unstayed topmast rises an additional 9m (30'). The topmast remains deployed except for bridge transits, and the mainsail is hoisted normally via the world's largest (to date) Marten Liesureful boom. The 3-spreader carbon sloop rig with telescoping topmast was engineered to the classification standards of Germanischer Lloyd. MITseaAH's development program included tank and wind-tunnel tests, finite element structural analysis (for hull details, keel support and rig), sound and vibration attenuation, ABS/MCA code compliance, plus mock-ups and finish samples. Lengthy study went into many areas, including the weight estimate, rig type, keel and rudder mechanisms, mechanical and electronic equipment, space planning, natural and artificial lighting, sliding roof, boarding systems and tenders. Construction of the hull, deck and superstructure is in Alustar, engineered to a lightweight standard by Pedrick Yacht Designs for classification by the American Bureau of Shipping. The entire structure was modeled in a combination of 3D and 2D elements for numerically controlled (NC) plate-cutting. All aspects of vessel design, engineering and construction have been certified to the MCA Code of Practice. The "transitional" styling of the internal design is atypical, many points being covered with the photos. The basic approach is a "holistic" one intended to merge exterior and interior experiences. Where possible and practical, the third dimension height was exploited to create engaging, individualized spaces that impact beyond simple surface decoration. Finishes, materials and joiner details are designed to create harmony and interest, while avoiding cliché’ and pretension. Five ensuite staterooms accommodate the Owner's party aft; a high-spec crew apartment for eight professionals lies forward. The saloon has four architecturally distinct leisure areas: Main Lounge, Dining Salon, Drink Bar, and raised Observation Lounge for views forward. Particular attention was paid to internal sightlines, room orientation, ergonomics at sea, ventilation, indirect and task lighting, custom furnishings, and art presentation.
Owner: 1 x Double master cabin with shower room en suite Guests: 3 x Double guest cabins with shower rooms en suite 1 x Twin cabin with shower room en suite Crew: 1 x Double Captain’s Cabin 3 x Twin upper and lower berthed cabins
Fuel: 54,000 litres 14,266 US gallons Water: 12,000 litres 3,170 US gallons Watermaker: 12,000 litres/day 3,170 US gallons/day Displacement: 270 tons Gross Tonnage: 381 tons
• Extensive communications equipment • Fleet 77
• 2 x 3,500hp MAN Paxman diesel engines type 12VLP @ 1,850 rpm • 19-21 knots under power @ 800 litres/hr • 13 knots @ 200 litres/hr • Maritime Dynamics Role Stabilization • 2 x ZF reverse reduction gear boxes • 2 x Servogear composite shafts • 2 x Servogear CCP, 4-bladed bronze propellers • Lewmar bow thruster • Lewmar stern thruster • 2 x Hydraulic trim flaps on the underside of the hull aft • Hydraulically pivoting fin and bulb configuration (25 tons) with recess into the hull • 2 x vertically raising variable geometry rudder blades • Hamann Wassertechnik sewage treatment system • Jets WC System • Marine Air 20 ton air-conditioning system • 2 x Sea Recovery watermakers capable of producing approximately 12,000 litres (3,170 US gallons) per day
• 2 x 80kW Northern Lights diesel generators • 1 x 60kW Atlas shore power converter
• Length of mast (above waterline): 47.5m/156ft (at maximum extension) • 38.5m/126ft (retracted) • Hood Yacht Spars carbon fiber main mast and telescopic top section (Germanisher Lloyds Certified) • Marten Spars Liesurefurl carbon fiber boom • Navtec rod and Arimid Kevlar standing rigging • Vectran and Dyneema running rigging • Reckmann furling systems • Lewmar captive winches • All sails by Doyle Sailmakers Total (upwind): 730 sq. meters / 7,858 sq. feet Total (downwind): 1,166 sq. meters / 12,551 sq. feet Mainsail: 509 sq. meters / 5,479 sq. feet Headsail: 211 sq. meters / 2,271 sq. feet Reacher: 345 sq. meters / 3,714 sq. feet Spinnaker: 656 sq. meters / 7,061 sq. feet
Extensive audio visual entertainment systems • 1 x computerized treadmill • 1 x Jacuzzi dip pool forward
• 2 x Leman 8000 anchor windlasses with cable gypsies and vertical warping capstans • 2 x Maxwell aft warping capstans • Hydraulic aft boarding passerelle • Integral swimming platform and beach club in transom • Extensive personal life saving equipment
• 1 x 20ft / 6m Riva Junior tender • 1 x 17ft / 5.10m Castoldi jet drive tender • 1 x Bauer diving compressor • 6 x sets of diving equipment
Built by Pendennis Shipyard to the stylish designs of Liebowitz & Prichard, MITseaAH, the 155.84ft (47.50m) motorsailor is undoubtedly one of the most ground breaking launches of the 21st century. She has a unique ability to perform under high speed, power or sail.
The name MITseaAH is reserved. Owner’s personal effects. All items not specifically listed on this listing sheet.
This listing is presented to you courtesy of a member of the International Yacht Brokers Association and may be centrally listed with another broker. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey direct representation of a particular vessel.The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.