2018 Leopard 58′
2018 Leopard 58
S/Y Windward Destiny
Specifications, Equipment and Information
Highly Customized Robertson & Caine Leopard 58
S/Y “Windward Destiny” is an exceptional opportunity to purchase a very special and highly customized catamaran that is ready to take you anywhere on the globe. She is without question, the finest 58 Leopard ever built. Her current owner spared no expense to create one of the easiest sailing, safest, and most comfortable yachts in the world. This extensive custom project started in 2021 with an already very nice and highly optioned Owners Version Leopard 58. She spent the next 6 months at the world renowned Just Catamarans in Ft. Lauderdale, FL and received over half a million dollars in upgrades. “Windward Destiny” is only being offered for sale due to health issues that have prevented the owner from embarking on his planned adventure.
One of the many custom features is the Hydraulic Leisure Furl Boom with Carbon Fiber Mandrel and Harken Hydraulic Vang. This is truly push button sailing and “Windward Destiny” is the only 58 Leopard with this option. This eliminates many of the challenges and risks of raising, lowering, and reefing a large Mainsail. If you plan to sail without a professional crew, this is the only way to go. This yacht was customized so that a couple can easily and safely sail her by themselves. In addition, the back up systems and spares included with the boat are too numerous to list.
To duplicate this yacht today, it would take several years of waiting and a significantly higher investment than todays asking price. This unique opportunity is ideal for a couple or family looking to step in to a turn key world cruiser today and start cruising tomorrow. The owner is motivated and looking forward to passing his dream boat on to someone who can enjoy the full potential of this one of a kind catamaran.
A Portion of the Refit Included:
- Removing over 400’ of wiring and replacing it with upgraded wiring throughout the boat–including all battery and charger/inverter cables, as well as adding many new electrical and USB outlets, effectively doubling inverter and charging power.
- Extensive new shelving and storage effectively doubling a standard Leopard’s storage; With the charter business no longer viable, this makes adding a fourth cabin (which for 50 weeks a year becomes primarily a storage compartment) totally superfluous; a 4th cabin ruins a deserving owner’s private suite and bathroom —which in a truly fine yacht —should flow through the entire starboard hull!
- Replaced the standard Manganese Bronze 3-blade fixed props with two custom matched Nibral 4-blade Variprop feathering propellers.
- New Bauer Jr. dive compressor with dedicated surge suppression, as well as two tank racks installed on aft deck.
- Auto-run Rainman 37gpm water maker with auto flush installed (for redundancy).
- Soft-start surge suppressors added to many appliances, dive compressor, watermakers, etc.
- New state-of-the-art Balmar 165amp alternators, as well as a new starter.
- Keenan Fuel polishing system, with fuel filters and water separator (especially useful where diesel quality is questionable).
- New cutlass bearings and thruster props.
- Custom made SS solar arch installed with five LG 380W panels, PLUS two additional LG 380W panels added to existing panels on flybridge roof.
- Custom flybridge enclosure with rigid Strataglass panels that are easy to lift and most importantly, don’t distort or ripple like many enclosures do.
- Custom made fold-out teak table on flybridge with beautiful inlaid compass rose that shows when leafs are folded or unfolded. Mounted on two adjustable piston stands, it can be used either as a coffee table or dining table.
- Custom-made SS and teak ladder on flybridge for safe, easy access to furling boom and mainsail.
- Three new MFD plotters (Raymarine Axiom); Helm, Nav Station, and Tender.
- Custom made SS dinghy davits, including an oversized Warn #4500 electric winch system.
- Two new anchors (121 lb. Rocna and 85 lb. Mantus), including 400’ of color-coded G7 chain.
- All outdoor cushions replaced with upgraded and color-coordinated Sunbrella cushions, including flybridge round backrests (came with the boat but were very uncomfortable) which were totally redesigned, remanufactured and professionally installed.
- Custom made Sunbrella covers throughout the boat, including for Helm, Steering wheel, winches, kitchenette on flybridge, custom cabinet on aft deck, and tender.
- New Samsung 3.1 cu. ft. electric oven and Kenyon 4-Burner bridge induction cooktop added to galley (a professional chef’s dream).
- Replaced unreliable Vitifrigo refrigeration units (two ice makers and one 3-drawer refrigerator-freezer) with Raritan Isotherm units (much more reliable).
- Custom made manually operated Poseidon accordion blinds added to salon forward and aft windows only— for privacy aft and individual control forward.
- New high-quality office chair for navigation station.
- All head floors resurfaced in color-matched synthetic teak.
- Joker valves in all toilets: functioning fine, but replaced
- All hatches replaced with new Lewmar hatches.
- All hatches have Outland covers installed for sun/UV protection.
- Replaced several delaminated windows
- Many rigging upgrades, including replacing all sheets, halyards, lifelines and mooring lines with Dyneema and equivalent quality lines for mooring lines.
- Mainsail removed and UV protecting fabric on leech replaced and triple stitched.
- Custom made steps added to mast for comfort and added safety (replaced old rung-style steps which are hard on the feet).
- Lightning positive charge dissipator installed on top of mast.
- AquaSignal tricolor installed on top of mast.
- Large custom-made cabinet on aft deck, with SS Trash Compactor on one side and added shelving on the other (tons of added storage). Includes waterproof compactor bags that help eliminate trash runs in the dinghy to offload trash.
- A beautiful and professional custom vinyl wrap was completed in May 2022, including reinforced areas below all cleats (to protect wrap). A custom marble pattern wrap was also added to the starboard shower.
- Bidet wands with flexible hosing added to all heads.
- Wide step ’pads’ added to ladders in both forepeaks for foot comfort.
- Marquipt 4-step boarding ladder with custom mounts on both starboard and port sides of boat.
- A custom-built fiberglass 5-seater bench built into aft deck, with lots of deep storage (the ONLY Leopard that has this…it was custom-built for this yacht).
- Internet reception upgrades including digital antennas (3) on solar arch.
- Pepwave Max Transit router (cellular and wifi), Aigean WiFi booster on spreader, and Netgear Access point routers (2).
- BRNKL sensor and alarm system with strobe lights, cameras, and horn to monitor just about everything of importance—including via mobile app when far away from the yacht.
- FLIR night-vision camera mounted on spreader.
- BRAND NEW 2022 AB 13’ Alumina tender and 40HP electric start Yamaha outboard, essentially unused. Includes custom made Sunbrella covers for pedestal and outboard motor, as well as custom fitted chaps for tubes. Also includes Raymarine Axiom 7-inch chart plotter (professionally mounted), Turboswing,™ Hydroshield, and SS boarding ladder, as well as Gray Flexi-teak deck.
- CREW CABIN: All sink hardware and piping was replaced (Nov. 2021).
- All beds have new 3″ Bamboo-adorned toppers over the mattresses. Sleeping in any of the cabins is very comfortable.
- AirCon duct brought into Electrical Control Room for critical overheat protection when in the tropics. (only Leopard with this)
- Sending units for all five water tanks and both fuel tanks were replaced and upgraded
NOTE: All hydraulic, mechanical and electrical systems were thoroughly tested and anything that was less-than-ideal in terms of functionality was replaced with upgraded systems.
|Yanmar 4JH110-M||Yanmar 4JH110-M|
We are pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by United Yacht Sales. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey direct representation of a particular vessel.